In the Darogi community, the Rudaalis also worked as Daoris (mistresses) to the Thakurs of the Haveli. They …
Contest Alert Friends..
Gift Your Dad The precious memories..
GUIDELINES FOR DAD’S DARLING DAUGHTER
- Theme: Dad’s Darling Daughter
- Genre: Family and Relationships
- Compiled and Edited by Barkha Parikh
The Contest shall open at 12 Noon (IST) on 26th April 2016 and close on 12 Noon (IST) 30th May 2016.
- No Entry shall be accepted before the Contest opening date and time or after the Contest closing date and time.
- Entry must be in English, original and must be submitted directly by the author/poet.
- Word Count:
- For Poems: 25 lines minimum and 50 lines maximum, which includes the title.
- For short stories: 1500 to 2000 words
- Entries which do not follow the word limit will be disqualified.
- Entries should not contain any pictures.
- Co-authored stories and multiple entries are allowed (maximum 5 entries).
- The decision of editorial board shall be final.
- The selected participants need to deposit an amount of ₹2000/- per poem & ₹2500/- per…
View original post 28 more words
As a part of its mission to protect natural lands and preserve the environment for all people, Earth Day Network developed The Canopy Project. Rather than focusing on large scale forestry, The Canopy Project plants trees that help communities – especially the world’s impoverished communities sustain themselves and their local economics. Trees reserve the impacts of land degradation and provide food, energy and income, helping communities to achieve long term economic and environmental sustainability. Trees also filter the air and help stave off the effects of climate change.
When the reality of increasingly unpredictable weather patterns and more frequent and violent storms and floods, tree cover to prevent devastating soil erosion has never been more important. That’s why, in 2012, Earth Day Network made a commitment with the Global Poverty Project to plant 10 million trees over the next five years in impoverished areas of the world. Please join to help make this commitment a reality.
This is like the little boy who says when he becomes a big boy , he will do this and that and will be happy. And when he becomes a big boy he says that when he finishes college he will be happy. And when he finishes college he says that when he gets job he will be happy . And when he gets his job he says that when he gets married he will be happy. And when he gets married he says when the kids get out of the school he will be happy.
And when the kids get out of the school he says that when he retires he will be happy. And when he retires, what does he see? He sees life has just gone by in front of his eyes.
This is an extract from Shiv Kher’s book “YOU CAN WIN”
Miracles happen everyday, change your perception of what a miracle is and you will see them all around you.
– JON BON JOVI
If there is no struggle, there is no progress
You have enemies? That’s good. It means you have stood up for something,sometime in your life.
The only true wisdom is in knowing that you know nothing.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.
Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
If you tell the truth you don’t have to remember anything.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.
Opportunity is missed by many people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
-THOMAS A. EDISON
We must use time as a tool not as a couch.
-JOHN F. KENNEDY
- In an hour of reading a bool the eyes make nearly 10,000 coordinated movements..
- There’s a dinosaur named after Bambi the deer, a popular character from children’s books by Felix Salten..
- It has been stated that a pair of flies beginning operations in April may be progenitors , if all were to live, of 191,010,000,000,000,000,000 flies by August.
It is always very disappointing to read one’s own writing, One feel how ignorant one was!
Poets make much of death and external afflictions, but the only tragedies are the soul’s failures , when their heart sank in the deepest ocean which again cannot be brought up with any means of up liftment, That’s the writing of a writer where he feels the pain of the heart which is crying for what it has lost. And the only epic man’s triumphant ascent towards godhead.
All their speech writing and action comes prepared out of the eternal silence.
Even the souls of their feet have got a memory of their own.
They completely live in their writings. It is their eternal world.
When i look back on my past life, I see that if I had not failed and suffered, I would have lost my life’s supreme blessings. yet at the time of the suffering and failure, I was vexed with the sense of calamity.
What I cannot do now is , sign off what i shall do hereafter. The sense of impossibility is the beginning of all possibilities.
Impossibilities is only sum of greater unrealized possibilities. It veils an advance state and yet unaccomplished journey.
Life is moving very fast but i feel it like is moving like a slug. No love no loathe lno happiness. Just living like a moron, nincompoop …
One thing i understood is Life is not what we make it, But it is what God destined it for people like Me.